Sidharth Malhotra is an Indian actor and former model who appears in Hindi films. Malhotra began a career as a model at the age of 18. Unsatisfied with the profession, he went on to work as an assistant director to Karan Johar in the 2010 film My Name Is Khan. He made his debut as an actor with a starring role in the comedy-drama Student of the Year (2012) by Johar, for which he received a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut.
Malhotra portrayed an aspirant businessman in the comedic drama praised by the critic Hasee Toh Phasee in 2014, followed by an empathetic criminal in the romantic thriller Ek Villain (2014) and an aspiring author in the family drama Kapoor & Sons (2016). The last two are among Malhotra’s most profitable films, with a worldwide gross of more than 1,000 million rupees (15 million US dollars) each.
|Real Name||Sidharth Malhotra|
|Role Model||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Parents||Father Name– Sunil Malhotra (Former Captain in Merchant Navy)|
Mother Name– Rimma Malhotra (Homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother Name– Harshad Malhotra (Elder, Banker)|
Sister Name– None
|Favourite Food(s)||Jalebi, Hot Chocolate Fudge, Sushi, Biryani, and Chicken Roll Munch|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Bollywood: Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan|
Hollywood: George Clooney, Johnny Depp
|Favorite Actresses||Kajol, Deepika Padukone, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif|
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood: Agneepath, Andaz Apna Apna, Chupke Chupke, Sholay, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham|
Hollywood: Indiana Jones, The Lord of the Ring series, Good Will Hunting
|Favourite Director(s)||Imtiaz Ali, Rajukumar Hirani, Zoya Akhtar|
|Favourite Colour(s)||Black, White|
|Favorite Perfume||Fierce by Abercrombie and Fitch|
|Favourite Destination(s)||New York, Goa|
|Income & Net Worth|
|Salary (approx.)||₹3-5 Crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹67 Crore ($10 Million)|
- Is Siddharth Malhotra?: No
- Will Sidharth Malhotra drink alcohol?: Yes
- Since childhood, he has been interested in the theater and, sometimes, participating in dance and theater shows.
- His parents wanted him to convert into an engineer, but he had no interest in studies, instead, leaning towards sports.
- Solia plays rugby in a club in Delhi.
- At the age of 16, he began his career as an actor with Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan, which aired on Star Plus, in which he played the role of Jaichand (the younger brother of Prithvi Raj Chauhan).
- After her television program, she tried her luck in modeling and faced challenges on multiple occasions.
- He rose to fame after working for the advertising campaigns of renowned international designer Roberto Cavalli and then went on to have consecutive articles in various magazines such as Redbook, Gladrags, and Men’s Health.
- In 2007, won the title of Mr. Gujarat and also was the second finalist in the competition of mega models Gladrags.
- At the age of 22, he auditioned for Anubhav Sinha’s film and was selected, but he moved to Mumbai, but the film was shelved.
- He has faced many battles in his life; which also worked like bad in the making of the film Ra.One.
- Before joining the film industry, he worked as an assistant director in the films: “Dostana” and “My Name Is Khan”. The famous designer Manish Malhotra helped him a lot in his early days of wrestling.
- In 2008, it was speculated that he would make his Bollywood debut with the film Fashion, alongside Priyanka Chopra, but due to his contract with Gladrags, this could not happen.
- Es tan addict al caliente que solía quitarle dinero a su abuela mintiendo que lo queria para algo y solia gastarlo en caliente chocolate every time.
- Sid was a great admirer of the painting DDLJ of Shah Rukh who used to sit with this painting in his school.
- He made a spectacular entry in Bollywood with his film debut “Estudiante del año (SOTY)”. During the filming of the film, he met a South African girl.
- In 2014, his film “Ek Villain” received great laurels from the audience. Moreover, Salman Khan loved the movie and gifted him a watch.
- For his film Brothers, he gained around 10 kg of weight to match the physique of Akshay Kumar, not only this, he also used to bathe with ice cold water.
- Tell me in an interview that chocolate is a weakness. You can do more exercise, but you can’t live without it.
- He is a dog lover and has a boxer as a pet, and also campaigns for the animal welfare NGO, PETA.