Katrina Kaif is an Indian film actress and former model who predominantly appears in Hindi films. He was born on 15 July 1984 in Hong Kong and raised in London, England. Kaif started her modeling career at a young age and appeared in various commercials and music videos. He made his acting debut in 2003 with the film “Boom”.
Since then, she has appeared in several successful films such as “Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya” (2005), “Namastey London” (2007), “Singh Is Kinng” (2008), “Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani” (2009). “Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara” (2011), and “Tiger Zinda Hai” (2017). Kaif is considered one of the most popular and attractive celebrities in India and has won several awards for her acting and dance performances.
- Height: 5′ 8½”
- Nationality: British
- Age: 38 Years
|Real Name||Katrina Turquotte|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters– 174 cm|
in meters– 1.74 m
in feet inches– 5′ 8½”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg|
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Debut Movie/TV/Album||Film: Boom (2003)|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||9 December 2021|
|Marriage Place||Six Senses Fort Barwara, Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Salman Khan (Actor)|
• Ranbir Kapoor (Actor)
• Vicky Kaushal
|Food||Yorkshire pudding, cheesecake, kheer, cinnamon rolls, steamed fish, lamb chops with salad & baby potatoes, grilled vegetables|
|Cheat Meal Food||Pancake|
|Actors||Hrithik Roshan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp, and Robert Pattinson|
|Actress||Penelope Cruz, Madhuri Dixit, and Kajol|
|Films||Bollywood Films: Umrao Jaan, Dil Dhadakne Do, Tanu Weds Manu Returns|
Hollywood Films: Casablanca, Gone with the Wind
|Cricketer||Rahul Dravid, Irrfan Pathan|
|Books||All books by Sidney Sheldon|
|Colors||Pink, White, Mauve|
|Song||Moon by Poolside|
|Musicians/Bands||Radiohead, Muse, Coldplay|
|Perfume||Narciso Rodriguez For Her|
|Musicians/Bands||in Mumbai: Mainland China, and Wasabi by Morimoto at The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel|
in London: Hakkasan, Harrods Georgian Restaurant, Alloro, Aqua Kyoto
|Travel Destinations||London, Italy, Spain, Dubai, and Havana|
|Style & Cars Collection|
|Car Collection||• Land Rover Range Rover Vogue SE|
• Audi Q7
• Audi Q3
|Income & Net Worth|
|Salary (approx.)||$8.5 thousand (INR 6 crores per film)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$6 million (INR 4.46 crores)|
- Katrina was raised by a single mother, Suzanne Turcotte, along with her 7 siblings. Of all 8 children of Susan, only Katrina is half Indian, as her father, Mohammad Kaif, a British citizen, is originally from Kashmir.
- They had to move to different countries due to the fact that Katrina’s mother, Suzanne Turcotte, taught English as a foreign subject in different countries. Katrina grew up in Hong Kong, China, Japan, France, Switzerland, Poland, Belgium, and other European countries. When she was 14, her family moved first to Hawaii and then to her mother’s home country of England, where she lived for 3 years before moving to India.
- Her parents separated when Katrina was very young, after the separation her father never contacted her. When Katrina was asked if her father ever tried to contact her after she became famous, Katrina replied:
- He is very decent and comes from a good family and due to personal issues he went his way. He is a rich man, so he is not going to come back because his daughter has become famous now.
- She never attended a regular school due to the frequent relocation of her family.
- Mother Suzanne formed a choir with her children to sing in orphanages across Asia.
- When she was 14, she won a beauty pageant in Hawaii, after which she started getting modeling assignments.
- She came to Mumbai with her sister Christine in 2003 to audition for the film Boom.
- Katrina and her sister Christine came to Mumbai with Rs. 4 million. Christine returned to London but Katrina decided to stay in Mumbai to pursue a career in Bollywood and if she did not have the money, she would go back and rejoin her college in London.
- Katrina Kaif’s original name is Katrina Turcotte but after the director of her debut film, Boom, Kaizad Gustad, and producer, Ayesha Shroff (wife of Jackie Shroff) decided to give her a new name that would connect with the Indian audience, she changed her surname to It was decided to change it to “Kaif”.
- She was supposed to make her Bollywood debut with the film Saaya opposite John Abraham but was later dropped as she could not speak Hindi at that time. In the same year, she made her Bollywood debut with the erotic film Boom.
- She initially struggled in Bollywood but got her breakthrough in 2007 with the film Namastey London opposite Akshay Kumar.
- The silver dress she wore in the film Welcome (2007), costing 2 lacks (INR) ($4,814), was gifted to her by Emilio Pucci, an Italian fashion designer.
- A scene from the movie “Welcome”
- She was the most Googled Indian celebrity in 2008, 2009, and 2010.
- Her ex-boyfriend, Ranbir Kapoor, gave her the nickname Sambo (Rambo’s sister Sambo) after she successfully performed a sequence in the film Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009), which required her to climb a ladder placed at a height of 200 feet.
- In 2010, he directed A.R. Rahman and released a music album titled Rhymeskool to raise funds to build a school in Madurai.
- She is superstitious and often visits religious places like Siddhivinayak Temple and Mount Mary Church in Mumbai and Dargah Sharif in Ajmer before the release of her film.
- She is still a British citizen and works in India on an employment visa.
- She is the first Bollywood actress to have a Barbie doll made in her own image.
- .Katrina Kaif with film director Kabir Khan
- His mother, Suzanne, is now settled in Chennai with her American partner Jesse Tincher, who volunteers for social causes in India. Katrina is actively associated with her mother’s charitable trust, “Relief Projects India”, which helps abandoned girl children and works against female feticide.
- Katrina is scared of being alone and in the dark, during her initial days in Mumbai, she used to stay awake and wait for the sun to rise and then sleep for 5 hours.