John Abraham then began his film career by starring in Jism (2003), which earned him a Filmfare Award nomination for Best Newcomer. Following this, he released the commercial trailer for himself in the drama Dhoom (2004), which won two Filmfare Critics Awards for Best Actor. He also earned two Filmfare Award nominations for his portrayals of negative characters in Dhoom and Zinda (2006).
John Abraham then appeared in a major movie called Water (2005). He was later nominated for a Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in the film Baabul (2006). Since then Abraham has starred in several critically and commercially successful films including Dostana (2008), New York (2009), Force (2011), Shootout at Wadala (2013), Madras Cafe (2013), and Welcome Back (2015). . .
His second film as a producer was Madras Cafe, which garnered critical acclaim. His athletic and muscular body has contributed to his status as one of Bollywood’s foremost sex symbols. He is a co-owner of the Indian Super League football club Northeast United FC. In addition to acting, Abraham has often performed dangerous stunts in his films.
- Age: 47 Years
- Height: 6′
- Wife: Priya Runchal (Banker)
|Real Name||Farhan Irani|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Model, Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm|
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet inches- 6′
|Birthday||17 December 1972|
|Age (as of 2023)||51 Years|
|Birthplace||Kochi, Kerala, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School Name||Bombay Scottish School, Worli, Mumbai|
|College/University||Jai Hind College, University of Mumbai|
Mumbai Educational Trust
|Educational Qualification(s)||B.A. in Economics from Jai Hind College, University of Mumbai|
MBA from Mumbai Educational Trust
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian (Pescetarian and Eggetarian)|
|Home/Address||Ashiyana Estate, John Baptist Road, Bandra West, Mumbai|
|Hobby||Biking and Gymming|
|Likes/Dislikes||Likes: Photography, Travelling|
Dislikes: Tattoos, Dancing at Parties
|Controversies||• In 2010, she appeared in a singing reality show, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar, to promote her film Jhootha Hi Sahi. After Sugandha Mishra’s performance, he came on stage and kissed her, which did not go down well with her grandfather. Later, when John appeared on the same show again, he apologized for his actions.|
• In September 2016, he allegedly slapped a fan for his misbehavior at the trailer launch event of ‘The force 2’ movie.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Riya Sen (Actress)|
Bipasha Basu (Actress, 2004-2011)
Priya Runchal (Banker)
|Marriage Date||3 January 2014|
|Food||Parsi or Kerala food; Dhansak, Patra-ni-Macchi, Prawn Patia, Thai Food, Puttu with Coconut Milk|
|Beverage(s)||Tea, Carrot Juice, Sour Cherry Wine called Visinata (drinks occasionally)|
|Dessert(s)||Kaju Katli, Chocolate Cookies|
|Actresses||Rani Mukerji, Hema Malini|
|Music Band(s)||Queensryche, Def Leppard, Guns N Roses, Hinder, and Creed|
|Restaurant(s)||Suzette, Yoga House, Royal China, Thai Baan, Zuma|
|Colour(s)||White and Blue|
|Outfit||Jeans, T-shirts, and Chappals|
|Style & Cars Collection|
|Cars Collection||Lamborghini Gallardo,|
Nissan Terrano SUV
|Bikes Collection||Yamaha VMAX,|
Yamaha R1, Suzuki Hayabusa
|Income & Net Worth|
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 11 Crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 168 Crore|
- Does John Abraham smoke?: No (skip)
- Does John Abraham drink alcohol?: No
- He was born to a Malayali Narsani father and Parsi mother, and was named Farhan Irani by his maiden name, but uses John Abraham, as opposed to his father’s given name, Abraham John.
- John Abraham (extreme right) with his parents and brother
- He was a big gadget freak and invented the idea of a cell phone game and named it Velocity, which was later programmed by a company called Small Devices.
- Since childhood, he was an avid athlete and participated in 100m and 200m races. He has also represented his school at the district level in the 100m race event.
- John has worked as a media planner and promotion manager in organizations named Time & Space Media Entertainment Promotions Ltd. and Enterprises Nexus.
- He dreamed of becoming an architect like his father and brother, but destiny took him into the film industry.
- She won the runner-up title in the Gladrags Manhunt Super Model Contest and later, she also won the Manhunt International Contest.
- John Abraham as Gladrags Manhunt supermodel runner-up
- He has done an acting course from Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Laboratory to learn the basics of acting skills.
- John is a big bike lover and bought his first bike- a Yamaha Re 350 at the age of 18 for 17500.
- He was supposed to make his directorial debut with Rahul Rawail’s Kya Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, which was shelved after 75 percent was shot.
- He was inspired to get fit after watching Sylvester Stallone’s Rocky IV and was 22 at the time.
- He was featured in a Punjabi album titled Soorma, an album by Jazzy B in which he played the role of a criminal investigator.
- In 2003, his voice was dubbed by another actor in his first film- Jism. This was John and Bipasha’s first film together and they were in an 8-year-long relationship then.
- His father was a cancer patient and struggled to survive through it, and he wants to emulate his father in his strength.
- He rose to fame in 2004 after his performance in the film Dhoom. Moreover, his hairstyle became a trendsetter among the youth.
- John Abraham’s Dhoom look
- In real life, he hates going to late-night parties and clubs.
- He fell in love with Priya (his wife) at a gym in Bandra when he was also dating Bipasha Basu. Soon he got close to Priya and his relationship with Bipasha ended.
- John is a good friend of cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni and was also seen in the movie Desi Boyz wearing a jersey named Dhoni with the number 7.
- John Abraham at Dhoni’s wedding
- In a scene in the film Force, he lifted a 115 kg bike by himself without any safety measures or accessories.
- John Abraham forcibly lifted the bike
- In an interview chat show- M Bole Toh, John revealed that once he was surrounded by a lot of girls who forcefully put their hands under his T-shirt, which even John’s guards could not answer. Later, when the girls left, blood was oozing from his chest. When he asked one of the girls the reason for that strange act, she said that she wanted his skin in her nails and he was shocked by this.
- John’s first production – Vicky Donor was awarded the National Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment.
- John Abraham honored with his first production
- His 2013 film- Madras Cafe was a huge blockbuster hit and remains one of his favorite films.
- John Abraham at Madras Cafe
- John suffers from a deviated nasal septum, which means a partially blocked nose that causes him to breathe through his mouth as well.
- He owns a fitness unit named JA Fitness, a clothing brand named JA, and a production house named JA Entertainment.
- He is a big fan of Valentino Rossi and gifted Rossi a CD of his film.
- Despite owning such a big name and luxury, his father still travels by bus and his mother by auto.
- Abhishek Bachchan, Uday Chopra, and Hrithik Roshan are his best friends and they were all in the same school as well.
- On four occasions, John replaced Akshay Kumar in sequels, such as Welcome, Aankhen, Awara Pagal Deewana, and Hera Pheri 3.
- Tapori’s look at John Abraham in the movie Welcome Back
- John is a non-vegetarian as he does not eat meat but eats fish and egg whites.
- She is an ardent animal lover and has two pet dogs named Bailey and Sia. In addition, he is actively associated with NGOs such as Habitat for Humanity and PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).
- john abraham association with animal related ngo
- In 2016, for his film Dishoom, apart from quitting smoking, he had to smoke heavily for his role, which caused him many problems. However, later he also went for detox.
- John Abraham smoking in Dishoom
- He is an ardent football lover and is also the owner of the football team- Northeast United Football Club, which competes in the Indian Super League (ISL).
- John Abraham cheering his team in ISL
- He is the Indian brand ambassador of Reebok and Yamaha. Also, he is planning to launch his bike racing team.