Deepika Padukone is an Indian film actress recognized as one of the most highly paid-on-screen personalities in the country. Padukone is an established actress in Hindi films and has won several awards, including a stint with three Filmfare Awards. Padukone, the daughter of badminton player Prakash Padukone, was born in Copenhagen and grew up in Bangalore.
- Age: 35 Years
- Husband: Ranveer Singh
- Education: College Dropout
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm|
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’8″
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg|
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Food||Ravioli Bolognese, Pasta, Dal-Chawal, Biryani, Maharashtrian Varan, South Indian Food, Mediterranean Food, Dim Sum, Spaghetti, Pasta, Chocolates|
|Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Brad Pitt, Richard Gere|
|Actresses||Hema Malini, Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol|
|Film(s)||Bollywood: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge|
Hollywood: Vicky Cristina Barcelona, The Color of Paradise, Cinderella Man
|Singer(s)||A.R. Rahman, Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, Justin Bieber|
|Fashion Designer(s)||Anju Modi, Tarun Tahiliani, Manish Malhotra, Rohit Bal|
|Holiday Destination(s)||France, Maldives|
|Sports||Badminton, Football, Polo|
|Restaurants||• Olive, Mumbai|
• Ram and Shyam, Mumbai
• Sunny’s, Bengaluru
• Ping Pong, London
• Scalini, London
• Soho House, Toronto
• Mabula, South Africa
|Cars Collection||Audi Q7, Audi A8, Mini Cooper, BMW 5-Series|
|Assets/Properties||In September 2021, Deepika and Ranveer bought a massive plot in Alibaug.|
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 14 Crore/Film (As of 2018)|
|Income (as of 2018)||Rs. 112.8 crore/annum|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$20 Million|
- Does Deepika Padukone drink alcohol?: Yes
- Dipika was born in Denmark to a Konkani family, but her family moved back to Bangalore when she was 11 months old.
- Childhood picture of Deepika Padukone
- She was not a social person at a young age and had very few friends.
- Inspired by her badminton legend father Prakash Padukone, she started playing badminton at a young age and played state-level badminton till 10th standard.
- Deepika Padukone playing badminton with her father
- Although she wanted to become a badminton player, she changed her mind and started modeling.
- To become a model, she moved from Bangalore to Mumbai and stayed at her maternal aunt’s house.
- Deepika did her first catwalk when she was 17 years old.
- Deepika Padukone in modeling days
- Deepika won the “Model of the Year” award at the 5th Annual Kingfisher Fashion Awards.
- In 2004, she released her “Oops You Mama!” Ad for Liril Orange.
- It was Salman Khan who first recognized her talent and offered her a film, but at that time she had just started her modeling career and was not ready to do films.
- In 2005, she first appeared in the song “Naam Hai Tera” from Himesh Reshammiya’s hit album ‘Aap Ka Suroor’.
- He learned acting from Anupam Kher’s ‘Actor Prepares’ and dance from Shiamak Davar.
- Though Deepika was supposed to make her Bollywood debut with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Saawariya, Bhansali played it safe and chose the formula of Anil Kapoor’s daughter and replaced her with Sonam Kapoor.
- Farah Khan approached Deepika to sign her for his film Happy New Year, but the film was later canceled (later released in 2014 starring Deepika) and she was later offered the role of Om Shanti Om (2007). ), which became a blockbuster and made her an overnight star. Reportedly, she was not the first choice for the film Happy New Year (2014), but it was Ankita Lokhande.
- In 2008, she was ranked #1 in Indian Maxim’s ‘Hot 100’ list.
- In 2009, Deepika worked as a freelance writer for HT City, a lifestyle supplement of the Hindustan Times.
- For her role as “Suzy” in the film ‘Chandni Chowk to China’ (2009), she learned “Jujutsu”, a Japanese martial art form, and performed all the stunts herself.
- In 2010, he adopted a village in Ambegaon, Maharashtra to provide basic amenities like water and electricity to the villagers.
- Deepika Padukone adopted a village in Ambegaon
- In 2012, she was named ‘India’s Most Beautiful Woman’ by the Indian edition of People magazine.
- Deepika has a clothing label ‘All About You’, which she launched on Myntra.
- Deepika Padukone – All About You
- She prefers to use the lift rather than the stairs.
- In 2015, she established the ‘Live Love Laugh Foundation’ to prevent and combat depression.
- Deepika Padukone sets up Live Love Laugh Foundation
- She was offered a role in ‘Furious 7’ (2015) but declined the offer due to other commitments.
- In 2016, she became the highest-grossing actress in Bollywood after the stupendous success of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Bajirao Mastani’.
- She is very systematic in doing things and has a habit of listing everything.
- In October 2019, she shared her teacher’s comment on her Instagram. As per her teacher’s remark, she used to be very talkative in class.
- Deepika Padukone’s teacher’s comment
- Deepika and Ranveer were engaged for 4 years before tying the knot in November 2018.
- Click here to read the love story of Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh.